The Nottingham Trent venue is much bigger and brighter than before, and will allow us bring all of the gaming onto one floor, extending both the competition space and the trade show and demo game area as well as making it possible for us to run a series of entirely new parallel events alongside our traditional roster of competition periods.
We're also still offering onsite student-priced B&B accomodation and student-priced onsite bars in Nottingham too - allowing our games to run over a variety of different timelines and formats, ranging from the full the "Friday night + 8-8 gaming Saturday + more games on Sunday" timeline, as well as hosting 1 and 2 day events and formats too.
Another new initiative for players this year is that we are now offering everyone "free food".* OK, not quite... but in 2022 all tournament entry fees will include a daily "grab bag" packed lunch (sandwich, crisps, a drink and some fruit), cutting out the need to queue for food when you could be rolling (or buying) dice. We're also keeping the extremely popular Britcon Fiver - where all entrants get a "£5 off any £10 purchase with any trader" voucher as part of their entry fee too.
Nottingham is also well served by multiple transport links, especially for international players who can either fly into East Midlands Airport, or take the Eurostar to London St Pancras and changing there onto the mainline which runs direct to Nottingham. Both the airport and station have regular bus and tram conections to the venue in the city centre, with stops right outside the front door and only steps away from the accommodation block.
- NEW for 2022 Swordpoint 28mm 2-day event Sat/Sun - supported by Gripping Beast
- NEW for 2022 War & Conquest 28mm 2-day event Sat/Sun - supported by Rob Broom of Scarab Miniatures
- NEW for 2022 Britcon will play host to an official Too Fat Lardies Game Day (and a half!), more details to follow!
- DBA One-day event Saturday
- Kings of War - 5-games 2-day event Sat/Sun
- L'Art del la Guerre 15mm 6-games 3-day event Fri/Sat/Sun
- L'Art del la Guerre 25mm 5-games 2-day event Sat/Sun
- Mortem et Gloriam 15mm 5-games 3-day event Fri/Sat/Sun
- Renatio et Gloriam 15mm 5-games 3-day event Fri/Sat/Sun
- Bolt Action 28mm - 3-day event - supported by Warlord Games, look out for special announcements and more details soon!
- DBMM 15mm, 3-day event open pool 5-games Fri/Sat/Sun
- NEW for 2022 DBMM 25mm/6mm event open pool 4-games Sat/Sun
- Epic Armageddon 3-day event 6-games Fri/Sat/Sun
- Field of Glory: Ancients & Medieval 15mm, 3-day event 5-games Fri/Sat/Sun 15mm
- Field of Glory Renaissance 15mm - 3-day event 5-games Fri/Sat/Sun
- Saga Two separate 1-day events focusing on different themed books - supported by Gripping Beast
Bookings are now open for pretty much all of these events on the BHGS website - the only exceptions are that we're holding off for a little while on putting tickets for Bolt Action and the TFL Games Day on sale as we want to get the full programmes for these events nailed down with Warlord & the TFL teams before we ask anyone to part with their money to play - fear not, we have ample space to accommodate everyone and more this year, so you won't miss out!
The new venue gives us much more room than we have had in previous years for gaming, traders and demo games, so if you are interested in helping us organise a competition for a ruleset which isn't already covered staging a demo game or taking trade space please get in touch and we'll be delighted to work with you to try and make it happen.
In 2022, onsite accommodation will be bookable through the BHGS along with your gaming event ticket. It's not a requirement to book accommodation through us, but if you do we'd really appreciate it, mainly as we are committed to pay for a minimum number of rooms at the Uni as part of our venue contract - but also as we believe it's cheaper, closer and will have a better canteen-style breakfast than any other option anyway!
The COVID Stuff
All attendees will of course be required to adhere to any relevant Covid-related guidelines or regulations which are in place at the time of the event, including any set by the venue or the BHGS. Should the venue and the BHGS determine at any point that it is not possible to stage the event as planned due to Covid-related restrictions, all entry fees will be refunded in full.
Other BHGS Events
We've literally just had confirmation today from our regular venue for Roll Call that they are able to accept our booking for the weekend of 2nd/3rd April 2022, so we'll be contacting our regular umpires and theme organisers in the next week or so to firm up the themes and then will get tickets on sale as soon as we can.
We'll also be back at UK Games Expo over the weekend of 4/5th June with a roster of competitions, with tickets going on sale in the new year through the UKGE website.
Updated details for all of these events are now on the BHGS website - so we very much hope you too will be able to join us next year to start rolling some dice again at as many events as you can find time to attend.
And, of course.. Bookings are now open for Britcon on the BHGS website too.