Additional rules for L'Artye de la Guerre Doubles
Latest playing aids, clarifications, amendments and FAQs etc can be downloaded from the L'Art de le Guerre website
A 6-round English-language tournament results calculation sheet is available to download here and should be used for calculation and recording of results in tournaments wherever possible. This allows the results to be added to the global rankings.
ADLG Doubles can be played at 300, 350 or 400 points. Whilst ALDG already has rules for 400 point games, some of these need to be tweaked to accommodate a pure "doubles" game.
The additional non-standard rules for Doubles are below:
- Each player should be commanding 2 commands (out of 4)
- If flank marching or ambushing 1 command (per player) it is permitted to start with 2+1 commands (per player) and then "transfer" one command to maintain the 2+2 requirement when the flank march arrives / ambush is revealed in order to disguise the flank of arrival. On the same principle, even if only one flank march /ambush is being attempted, either player may roll for the flank march/ambushing command.
- Terrain is as set out on page 76.
- Teams are expected to roll for and move 2 commands (ie 1 command per player) simultaneously in order to not unduly delay play, and to resolve combats together as well where possible
- Likewise, during initial deployment both players on a team should deploy 1 command each at the same time in order to get the game started in a timely manner.