Britcon - Swordpoint
The BHGS are happy to be working with Gripping Beast to stage our first ever official Swordpoint event at Britcon in 2022!
Armies will total 1000 points and should be taken from the Dark Age Armies book or the Charlemagne supplement, together with the following armies from the Classical supplement (late options only where appropriate): Armenian, Kushan, Early Sudanese, Alan, Sassanid Persian.
Please note that the games will be played on 8’ x 4’ tables.
The event will be run using Version 2 of the Swordpoint Rulebook together with any errata published by gripping Beast on or before 30th June 2022.
Army lists must be submitted to email@example.com no later than 31st July 2022. Tickets are available from the BHGS Website.
There is no need to exchange army lists before the game unless the players wish to do so, but you should tell your opponent if your general has the Stratagem rule or your army incorporates an allied contingent. Note that a player with the Stratagem rule does not need to reveal which Stratagem he will be using until he uses it.
Acceptable terrain types are: hills, woods, open spaces and difficult ground (field, scrub, marsh). Obstacles are not terrain, except that a walled/hedged field may be placed, counting as two inseparable terrain choices. A player may neve place more than one of these joint items. Dice to determine who places the first piece.
All terrain pieces (including any piece derived from the Stratagem rule) are placed before any are moved. Each player may designate a single piece which is immoveable before choosing up to two of their opponent’s pieces to move by 2D6. Indicate the direction of travel before throwing dice. A terrain piece cannot move onto an incompatible piece, so nothing can move onto an open space or vice versa. Blocked movement halts the piece. A hill can co-exist with a wood, field or scrub.
Please bring your own terrain pieces to the event. In particular ensure you bring loops of string or other methods of indicating an open space . Remember to bring any additional terrain piece you are allowed (e.g. by the Stratagem rule).
Games will be played using the scenario set which can be found in the rulebook from page 46, playing to Army Break Point (left hand column on page 8).
Victory points will be calculated as per the right-hand column; however a player who forces his opponent to break point scores half points for all enemy units still on the table and not fleeing, regardless of their remaining strength. This does not prevent those units from counting as defending table quarters.The winner will be the player with the higher score.
Tournament Points will be scored by the Umpire as follows: Win by more than 1000 points: 4pts. Win by less than 100 points: 1 pt. Other win: 3 pts. Lose by less than 100 points:1pt. Victory Points difference will be tracked and used in the event of equal tournament points.
Friday 12th August
Game tables are available from mid-afternoon for friendly/practice games.
Saturday 13th August
- 8.45-9.15 a.m. Registration
- 9.30-12.00 Round 1
- Scenario 6: Meeting Engagement: Stratagem options 3 and 4 are not available. There are no pre-battle moves in this scenario. Each player chooses up to 4 pieces of terrain, but not more than 2 of the same category.
- 1.00-3.30 p.m. Round 2
- Scenario 5: Outscouted: Stratagem option 3 is not available. Option 4 is only available to the outscouting player. There are no pre-battle moves in this scenario. Each player chooses up to 3 pieces of terrain.
- 4.00-6.30 p.m. Round 3
- Scenario 9: Flank Attack: Terrain may not scatter to within 12” of table edge. See scenario for available pre-battle moves.Each player chooses up to 3 pieces of terrain.
Sunday 14th August
- 9.00-12.00 Round 4
- Scenario 3 Hidden deployment: Each player chooses up to 3 pieces of terrain, but no more than 2 of the same category.
- 12.30-3.30 p.m. Round 5
- Scenario 3 Hidden Deployment: Each player chooses up to 3 pieces of terrain, but no more than 2 of the same category.
- 4.00 p.m. Results and prizes
“How do I enter?”
Use the online booking form. Your entry fee includes a grab0bag lunch on both days of the event, and a "Spend £10, get £5 off" voucher to use with any of our traders at the show